20090406

More than just a game?

I like Dark Tower because it is more than just a game, it is an experience! Actually there are not many games that are without the phenomenology of an experience, so despite the marketing pitch I have to conclude that the 1981 electronic board game is just a game. However, for anyone who likes retro, 80's design, electronica, board games or fantasy RPG stuff - it is a priceless piece of entertainment.

I have carried this huge box of nonsense around for years, thinking only I liked it. I forced it on friends at any occasion. now I discover that it is a rare item, with a following no less.

Here is the Orsen Wells TV advert to explain a little more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxrY7MWEkwE

Here is the flash based conversion, should you actually have the patience to play...

http://www.hotflashgames.com/darktower.htm

The sounds are what stay with you the most- and there are so many more URLs for this than I ever thought possible. My version is in tip top condition too.

I feel honoured.