20090504

...tea breaks over - back on your heads

This is a phrase that normally pops into my mind when I think about returning to work after a break. However, this time the break was a redundancy and returning to work after even a months break is the best news ever. This time is very different.

Looking back I notice a few striking concepts that stand out for me. The first is that all the worry of having a family and no income to support them has evaporated. It was a very stressful time but thinking back I can only think of the joyful time I have spent with my lady wife and our chibi. The second is trying to find out if all this integrated socio-connection-networking stuff has managed to be of any use.

Though I fondly thought that I could correlate a direct link between Twitter/LinkedIn and so forth to the acquisition of a new job, alas I cannot. I think it is more akin to wearing clothes. Though my clothes are never going to be the reason to employ me, it is going to look a little odd if I fail to wear any. Getting involved in the web 2 network has certainly kept me in the global web loop and that alone was worth the time invested.

I didn't have the time for a lot of work on this blog, my website, music, art or anything else during the bleak mid-winter of unknown quantities, but now I think my life is going to be back to a semblance of order. In the coming months I will be delving deeper into the world of online marketing than I have ever ventured and finally putting my bold new plans into action.

To balance this and maintain a sense of creative exploration of all things digital I will also be continuing to add to the website, to Twitter and to blog. Last time I added a new thing was when Mind trickery: the illusion of of perception was released on YouTube. I mention it again because I find the comments hilarious. Joe public hated it...

"wow thts actually quite smart! cuz ur mind focus on 2 pics u dont see the changes! it just looks like the big pic is just blinkin wen in fact the pic is changes wen it blinks! but u it makes u think ''wat the hell? tht was gay i dont see no point in that!'' my advice is look at it again replay it and look 4 the changes wen the pic blinks!"

or this is my favourite...

"That was pure pish-in almost all of them the changes were extremely easy to see and the footage of the guy with the beard couldn`t be more fitting because that`s exactly what he is ... a beard nothing but a fuckin beard"

...excellent. I love the internet for this kind of reaction because generally it means nothing so why not vent. I dont mind if Joe Public hates it or anything else.

With that in mind here are some new links added to the Mobius Engine website. These are not new projects but have been waiting patiently for an outing - to roam free once more looking for an audience. Be brave and kind, my fellow netizens and start to Digg, Tweet and blog my little treasures.

Random 13
- a chaotic order of music and art.

Brothers Golgo
- a very odd comic that I hold very dear, despite itself.

1 Comments:

Blogger lepeep said...

jolly good sir! jolly good. twitter can be a waste of time - but I seem to find it useful - and have certainly found helpful sites and actually feel like I am riding the wave of tech = instead of drowning and having my eyes gouged out on coral.

Monday, May 04, 2009 11:07:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home