20090726

Blogstipation and mental laxative

Out with that 4th of July stuff, cluttering up my blog space. That's SO earlier in the month. In order to shift the weighty blogstipation of ideas I thought I would take a mental laxative and 'unload' some thoughts, without much editing or composition.

I am currently writhing and wrestling with the key of D Minor, surely the saddest of keys. As part of a larger work that deals with Darwin and Creationism, the seeming impossibility of one person to understand the true meaning of someone else who holds a diametrically opposed viewpoint; due to the process of translation that occurs as we assimilate the context of others into our own. So I went bach to The Well Tempered Clavier and looked through my catalogue of notes on the key. I realised all my favourite pieces were D Minor.

J. S. Bach: Partita in d minor,5. (Chaconne1),Itzhak Perlman

compare with this, both sublime performances...

Maxim Vengerov playing Chaconne from partita in D by Bach




Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor, organ



Bach Double Concerto : Isaac Stern & Shlomo Mintz (Largo)- the piece that enlightened me. Musical understanding exploded upon hearing this for the first time.



Onwards into thought...

Emotional DNA inherited from your parents disposition.

Multiverse - where one decision alters the future, go back and look at all the little details that would have meant a vastly different outcome. Go back further to your origin, back to your ancestry, back to the quantum moments of the big bang where all things were just energies yet to come into being. Back further to the points beyond time and space, all the possible universes that could have come into being, each with their own set of infinite realities.

Hemn Space is a reference to Phase Space or some such - the basic idea is that with an infinite number of data points we can create a model of the cosmos, that describes every point in space and time. If you imagine X, Y and Z representing space and then one for time, we can go further for the atomic mass of that particular point, etc - unsure how detailed one needs to be. Perhaps because we are referring to an infinite number of data points, it does not matter. Once you have that collection of data points you can shift the numbers to represent a change in that point in space/time. Following that along you can produce all reality... or rather every possible reality. Each alteration in the infinite complex of data will result in a representation of a new form of reality. Infinite realities.

Then you get to the idea of a world track. That this reality is only one version of the possible infinite number of states that reality can be expressed as. My reality is a path through this Hemn Space ( which is just a theoretical world of representative data ) every choice made, every flip of my quantum state, every adjustment to the reality is a totally different cosmos - each with me in it, with my consciousness tracking the cosmos.

I find it quite sad to think that death is a point at which I no longer track the worldtrack. For others, I no longer appear in their narrative, but for me I am simply other-where tracking the reality in which I do exist.

Alternatively, I find it heartening that intuition is like observing all those possible universes at once and collapsing the wave of possibility into the best reality, which is this one. The one in which I have a beautiful wife and son. x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home