20091021

The Last Push



I spent a while fixing up the PPT presentation, making calls, answering emails, getting ready, etc. Then took a huge box of kit down to the taxi rank with the help of a bell boy, though he wasn't wearing the little hat I expected.

Once I was out of the taxi and waiting for a trolley I realised I had just lost my passport. It was in my trouser pocket and then it wasn't. I spent a while patting my self down, searching pockets, searching bag. Then I waited, counted to ten and searched again. It was gone. I did go straight to security though, who phoned the cab company, who got in touch with the driver, who then returned it safe and sound ( it only cost me a cab fare ). I am a lucky fellow.


Then finally I was at the exhibition where a lot of parts and fittings were forming into the design I knew of. The graphics were all in place and seeing the potential I was very pleased with the work done so far. I think it will be an impressive show. To start with I had to set up all the multimedia stuff but once that was sorted I helped the engineer guys do some welding, cleaning, packing, unpacking, shifting and so on. Acting as a human vice when called upon.

When I went to get lunch I found myself at Starbucks ( I didn't choose the venue ) and asked the lady for a "Bear Claw" because I had heard of them on Seinfeld and thought they sounded yummy and very American. The lady miss-heard me and gave me a bagel! Which was much better and a healthier choice to boot.

In the evening we had the team dinner. I had to race back from the set up and leap in a shower before attending the Cantonese meal. It was a very nice restaurant, with lovely meal. Lots to eat of all different varieties. The whole show is shaping up. Tomorrow is the last push before it starts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! Your exhibition banners design look nice. Hope video goes done well - C

Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:19:00 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home