20100212

...and the C3PO Statue goes to...

I recently downloaded and used the Oscar app from iPhone. Normally I would quietly ignore the Oscars and their 'circle jerk' ( as Hijinks Ensue put it, what a lovely phrase!) voting but as the app lets me see the nominations I thought I would have a go. It was a lazy, no fuss way of getting involved and that is the kind of interaction I like about the iPhone/Touch.

So I made some predictions, though I have only seen half of these films. I made rough guesses, intuitive responses and some I just liked the name.

When the winners are announced I will not be looking up all the details or watching live. I will press a button and then do a quick comparison. If I get 80% correct then I may place a bet next year. :)

2010 Oscar Predictions!

Animated Feature Film: Up, Pete Docter
[Almost perfect but still no where near the subtle beauty of Studio Ghibli's Ponyo ]

Costume Design: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Monique Prudhomme

Film Editing: District 9, Julian Clarke

Art Direction: Sherlock Holmes, Art Direction: Sarah Greenwood; Set Decoration: Katie Spencer

Best Picture: District 9, Peter Jackson and Carolynne Cunningham, Producers

Art Direction: Sarah Greenwood; Set Decoration: Katie Spencer

Best Picture: District 9, Peter Jackson and Carolynne Cunningham, Producers

Actor in a Leading Role: Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart

Music (Original Song): The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart), from “Crazy Heart” Music and Lyric by Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett

Actor in a Supporting Role: Woody Harrelson, The Messenger

Short Film (Live Action): The Door, Juanita Wilson and James Flynn

Music (Original Score): Sherlock Holmes, Hans Zimmer

Writing (Original Screenplay): A Serious Man, Written by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen

Actress in a Leading Role: Carey Mulligan, An Education

Visual Effects: Avatar, Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham and Andrew R. Jones

Cinematography: Avatar, Mauro Fiore

Sound Mixing: Avatar, Christopher Boyes, Gary Summers, Andy Nelson and Tony Johnson

Short Film (Animated): A Matter of Loaf and Death, Nick Park

Sound Editing: Avatar, Christopher Boyes and Gwendolyn Yates Whittle

Documentary (Feature): The Cove, Louie Psihoyos and Fisher Stevens

Makeup: The Young Victoria, Jon Henry Gordon and Jenny Shircore

Actress in a Supporting Role: Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air

Writing (Adapted Screenplay): District 9, Written by Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell

Foreign Language Film: El Secreto de Sus Ojos, Argentina

Documentary (Short Subject): Music by Prudence, Roger Ross Williams and Elinor Burkett

Directing: Inglourious Basterds, Quentin Tarantino



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home